Thursday, October 30

The Happy Jack-O-Lantern

I've been promising the boys that Daddy would help them carve their pumpkin. So we finally got everything ready and Dave cut off the top. And that's pretty much all he did. He and the boys all started gagging and ran off pinching their noses tightly closed leaving me alone to scoop the goop out of Mr. Pumpkin all by myself. Carson came back in the room and sniffed, then said "it smells wike poopy eggs." Then he vamoosed again gagging as he went. Only once the pumpkin was completely cleaned out and I began to cut him up did the guys slowly trickle back in to watch.
Dave came back in just as my hand was getting tired, so I handed over the knife and let him put the mouth on. I was trying to make a happy "winking" Jack-O-Lantern, but it turned out lookin kinda mean.
Especially in the dark.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Britt, that is soooo funny! Thank you for giving me a good laugh to start my day. Maybe David inherited his sensitive nose from his Dad. It's really neat the way you make great memories with the boys. I like the "lighted" Jack-O-Lantern.

RicKaren said...

He looks happy to me...in an evil sort of way! ;)We're doing ours this afternoon and I'm wondering if I'll be the one running and gagging under the circumstances, LOL

Jennifer said...

Cute pumpkin! He looks very jolly! I love it. :)

Woodard Family said...

Good Job!! I never was good at carving pumpkins.
Nicki