Sunday, June 22

Remodeling Progress

Several months ago, I promised some photos of our remodeling progress in our Sanctuary. We've gotten the room mostly completed, but we still have more pews to finish and altars to build. But here's an update on how it looks so far.


Sanctuary Before:



Sanctuary After:


Reverse Sanctuary Before:



Reverse Sanctuary After:


Platform Before:

Platform After:

We have 8 finished pews in the church right now, and a basement full of more to be finished. It's a lot of work, but it sure is gratifying to see it starting to come together. This is what the pews look like before we start working on them.
Take this little tip from me: don't ever wrap upholstery around the end of your pews. (Actually, I cannot complain, the pews were given to us and we are very thankful for that.) Oh, and another tip: don't paint them sea foam green either.

9 comments:

Ellen said...

You are doing a great job! It looks very nice. I hope you have a good week!

Unknown said...

Bless your hearts. Only the Lord and you know the hours you've spent, but it's not in vain. Now, may the Lord help you to see those pews filled. We're proud of you!!

Unknown said...

Hey Britt, I more thing....It's beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks very nice! Great job! How many attend your church?

Heidi said...

Nice job! I'm sure a lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into it. I can't wait to see ya'll at camp! Tell Jackson that Emily is bringing the teddy bear that he left at Thanksgiving. Also, I'm bringing a bag of Caleb's clothes, if you're interested. See ya soon!

Brittany said...

Thank you all for the pats on the back-I'll be sure to make David read it so he won't get discouraged! :)
Kristi, we have between 15-20 people on Sunday morning, it's a small but friendly group. We're all like a family.
Heidi, of course I'm interested in the clothes. Jackson goes through sizes very fast.And I can't tell you how I've searched for that bear! So glad to know he's been found. I guess I didn't remember taking it up to your place. Thanks-

Trisha said...

Brittany, it's looking great. Lots of work goes into remodeling! We are still in the process at our church, but it is getting closer. See you soon, Trisha

Kathy said...

We used to attend church at this location when it was the Church of God Of Prophecy. Love what you've done with it! It looks great!!

Unknown said...

The transformation was awesome! Really, it made the ambiance feel lighter to the eyes. Using pastel colors for the seats was a right move. Plus, I think switching to church pews from solo seats was both practical and considerate. For one, the pews can accommodate more people than the individual seats. :D There is more room for expansion this way!

-->Earnestine Kettering