Thursday, January 3

Happy New Year!

Can you believe it's already 2013? Me neither. But I'm looking forward to a great year. I love a fresh start, new goals. Thanks to my Mother-in-law, I've already met one of my goals - she helped me take down and pack away ALL the Christmas stuff! It would have taken me weeks...
I have to share my latest thrifty find with ya. I wanted some new parsons chairs for our dining room for Christmas. I found a set of 4 tan fabric covered chairs on craigslist for....
wait for it....
20 bucks. 
Yep, as in 5 bucks per chair. Unbelievable! I was so stoked. The covers are even removable and washable. Awesome. So my sweetie got me 2 new ones to go with them, giving me a total of 6. Yay! 
He also promised me some new flooring for our kitchen/dining areas. So I'm really excited about that!!



All the garlands and stockings have been safely packed away for another year...


 I decided to leave the cards up for a bit longer. I just love seeing all of your faces! Thanks to everybody who sent us cards - it's one of the highlights of Christmas for us :) 

And just in case you didn't get a card from us, I'll post  it here...

Happy New Year from our house to yours!

Photobucket

15 comments:

Cindy said...

What a nice post, you have a lovely family, I love your Christmas card. Your house was very pretty adorned with it's Christmas finery.
I am trying to take down my Christmas decor now, then perhaps once that is done, I will post again.
Have a great day!
Hugs, Cindy

Unknown said...

Lovely! I am considering going white and neutral...not sure about keeping it clean...we shall see :)

Unknown said...

Cute card! Love your decor-mine's actually down, too. Shocker...wait...Arilynn's tree is still up. Maybe it'll become permanent! LOL

Score on the chairs! How in the world do you find all the goodies?

dee dee said...

OH your home is so beautiful! I just love the way you displayed your Christmas cards! I will have to remember that idea for next year!
Wonderful find on those chairs!
dee dee

Simply LKJ said...

It's been awhile Brittany. I pray you and the family are well. Cannot believe how much the boys have grown. You truly have created a beautiful home!!
Happy New Year!!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Woo Hoo...that is great deal on some really pretty chairs!!! How exciting to be getting new floors too! I wish I had some one to help me put away all the Christmas stuff at my house. I am dreading it!

RicKaren said...

Now you can come take my Christmas down! I loved your card--as you may have noticed, ours are late. =)

Tammy said...

I always enjoy looking at your decore and projects. You are so talented in these areas! I haven't been able to leave any comments for a few months because I had closed my old blog account. However, I missed it too much and began a new one today. Now I can keep in touch with my bloggy friends again.

Charity said...

It all looks (looked?) ;) soo pretty!! So neat to actually see it all in person this year! We enjoyed our quickie visit! Not sure when we'll be getting our stuff down... still trying to get over this yucky stuff. :/ I love all the cards! I ran out of room in my card display! Good problem to have!!! I'll have to put them in a different spot next year! heehee! ;)

The Dickinsons said...

Brittany, Loved your Happy New Year Post! =)

How NICE of your mother-in-law to help you take all your Christmas down. (Could you give her MY Address, and ask her if while she's at it, she could help us SORT EVERYTHING IN OUR HOUSE, to give away, sell, pack up, store, or pack to go to the USA in March? I'm feeling a TAD overwhelmed, so any help would be GREAT! Smile!)

That's so HAPPY about your chairs! So Glad for you!!
Your kitchen looked so cozy all decorated for Christmas too.
Thanks for your fun comment on my New Year's Day picnic post. =)

Loved your Christmas card, very nice. (Looking forward to seeing ours soon...that is awaiting us in Ohio! =D)
Blessings,
~Heather~

Tricia G. said...

Awesome find on the chairs!! LOVE your Christmas cards!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Great deal on the chairs! Wow. I can't believe how your children have grown, especially the baby. Time flies. You have a beautiful family. Happy New Year to you too!

lila said...

Your house is so nice. I like your decor and the neutral colors. You make it look so fun. Loved all your Christmas decor as well. Great job!!

a house full of vintage said...

Can't believe you got those chairs for $20!! What a great find! I've had some luck on craigslist before as well. I'm a new follower!

Uhu work said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.