I was so thrilled to find these herb boxes on etsy, because I had the perfect spot in mind for them in the dining room. I LOVE how they look! BUT...
I think my family is sick of hearing me sing "are you going to scarborough fair...parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme...." Ya know, that song can be incredibly annoying. Especially since I'm no Ed Ames.
One of my favorite places to go "junking" is our church basement :) I mean, how could I resist these adorable old Sunday School chairs?!
It makes a great "time-out" chair, and the pillow states just how I feel on most days...
Can I get an Amen?
I found these old shutters at the Thrift Store for 1.99, and I knew just where I wanted to put those, too. I never could get this wall to look right before, but I'm loving the shutters.
The hubs brought me this old sewing machine table (the neighbors were tossing it). I love it because it gives me some more buffet space. We do a good bit of entertaining, and I always run out of room for food on the buffet. This little table top folds out to make even more space - YAY! Now the question is, to paint, or not to paint. Hmmm.
I think the 4th herb box looks pretty sweet hanging on the shutters :) The big old wire basket also came from the Thrift store, it was less than a dollar, but I can't remember how much...maybe 59 cents? I'm not sure what it's original purpose was - it's pretty tall.
I guess that pretty much takes care of the Dining room redo...
except for refinishing the table, and finishing the chair covers.
Maybe I'll get started on that soon.
Maybe.
I love it!!!! I mean really love it! :) I've been having the itch to redo my kitchen and dining room too! Since I can't seem to get any of the other parts of the house finished, it'll be awhile!
ReplyDeleteAs usual..... LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks so beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteI think you should leave the sewing table as is....it gives a nice contrast! Although you know how much I love a shabby white piece! :)
I have admired those herb boxes for so long, I am so excited to see that you have purchased them! They look wonderful where you put all of them. The shutters are great and the small table is so pretty. The box is perfect on them too. I LOvE the wire basket, it is just so perfect! Your dining room looks just gorgeous now, I know people must love coming into your sweet home when you entertain.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Cindy S
Love the shutters...been looking for some myself...haven't been so lucky yet.
ReplyDeleteOMGoodness...You are a lifesaver Brittany. I spotted those on Ebay a couple months ago (Layla of the "Lettered Cottage" has them), but when I went back to bid on them I could not find any! Who was the seller? I would love them for my kitchen!!
ReplyDeleteHi! Yes, I first saw them on The Lettered Cottage and have loved them ever since :) The etsy seller is "Whitewash Sundries". Layla did a post about this seller awhile back, saying that she would be selling the boxes. I was so glad to find them. I hear they originally were from Home Goods.
ReplyDeleteOOH I love the herb boxes! Gota find me some! Love the old Sunday School chair and the pillow...Amen, Sister! Nancy
ReplyDeleteoh my.... SWOOOOON!!!!!
ReplyDelete~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"
Very cute!! I love the boxes! ...and the chair... and the sewing cabinet... Did you make the pillow? Very cute! :) The dining room looks magazine-perfect!
ReplyDeleteI love your decorating style!:) I just came across your blog and have enjoyed looking around.
ReplyDeleteDon't paint the little table. Love the richness of the wood.
ReplyDeleteEverything looks great!
Well, I'm late with a comment.... but I do love the dining room additions. My gut feeling is that you will eventually paint the sewing cabinet. I think the S.S. chair is sweet...please will it to me. (Ms. Luci use to have chairs like that and I loved them all!)
ReplyDeleteBritt, I decided to start carrying my new bag as a purse and it's just as I expected, people notice it and compliment it's cuteness. I take delight in telling them that I have the best daughter-in-law in the world. Love you bunches!
Brittany your dining room is so beautiful! I adore the pretty boxes and the serene colors. Fantastic job on every detail!
ReplyDeleteI hope all is going well for you and yours sweet friend.
Blessings, ~Melissa :)